Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Fox Hunting: Re-Consideration

Fox hunting has been apart of our British cultural system for over 400 years, and since April 2005, was voted out of British legislation as "cruel, vial and inhuman". But how can Labour possibly be serious about this? Fox hunting is apart of our British culture, it is what identifies us from the rest of the world (the same way as Spain has Bull fighting, America with the NFL, Austrailia with the ARRL, e.t.c). What is so wrong with this, that has resulted in Blairs one-party state voting for the abolishon of this sport?When in Westminster, I recently put this question forward to the former Labour MP of Monmouthshire, Huw Edwards, and despite not being able to give me a straight answer, also claimed that with my opinions on fox hunting, im a national minority. Well Huw, I have to disagree there. I personally feel that im apart of the majority who is in no way represented by the Labour party. Fox hunting is proclaimed as being cruel, savage, and in no way humane in the name of sport, in which blood hounds purposely go out in chase of a fox to brutally "man-handle" it until dead. Im not debating that the fox has a wonderful ending. In fact, Im quite certain that the Spanish bull has an even more painful death when over 15 arrows are driven into its body, and takes over 1/2 to 1 hour to die. Its simply a case of national identity...something which this Labour government have never been fond of. Fox hunting is part of British society, and should not be declared illegal just because a few politically correct politicians in government feel they're doing "whats best for the country". This is our country Mr.Blair, it is not right to take away apart of our British culture, just because you want to attack the upper class with your corrupt socialist government. As far as I remember it, it is your job to uphold the rights of the British people, and take an active role in our politics...it is not up to you what sports and traditional values the British people can adopt in their lives. In my opinion, it is time that Mr.Blair thought again about his anti-fox hunting ideologies, and starting taking into account the opinions of the public for a change, not the bias decisions of his over crowded government.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Fox hunting has been apart of our British cultural system for over 400 years" - yes, and so were things like slavery and colonisation. I personally oppose the ban on fox hunting, but i think you need to find some better reasons, otherwise you won't get anywhere...

11:22 pm  
Blogger James.R.Skinner said...

David, in case you hadn't noticed, there is a far greater difference between fox hunting and slavery. Slavery is wrong, no matter what the situation in my opinion, but fox hunting is a true British sport enjoyed by thousands all over the country, and of which, should never have been passed illegal by this government. If you consider both slavery and fox hunting to be the same thing...I suggest you join your local Labour party.

11:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't consider them to be the same thing, no. I personally don't care if these foxes are killed. I just think it would be wrong to use the "oh it's been around for ages so it's ok" argument.

11:22 pm  
Blogger James.R.Skinner said...

Well David, it seems a pretty safe argument to me. The British people elected Tony Blair to run our government, NOT to change aspects of British historical culture.

11:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the ban was voted for in the House of Commons with a majority. I don't think you can argue with that. It's our democratic system - you can't pick and choose which laws should be obeyed.

11:23 pm  
Blogger James.R.Skinner said...

Actually David, I can quite easily argue with that...the fact being that the fox hunting bill was passed with Blairs "one party state" which was in my opinion, an unfair democracy. It is now only Michael Howard that has thankfully reduced this number by a large percentage,showing the vast decline in support for New Labour.

11:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Britain elected Labour in those numbers, so you can't complain.

11:23 pm  
Blogger James.R.Skinner said...

Over 52% of Britain also voted for the Conservatives in the 2005 election, but I dont see them in power...its clearly obvious to me that the democratic system needs changing.

11:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem to have a habit of posting wild stats to back up your arguments. Perhaps giving us a source of that particular figure? If one looks at the opinion polls before, and indeed during the election, it was clear that the Conservatives never got much more than 32% of the vote. Where do you get 50% + from????

11:24 pm  
Blogger James.R.Skinner said...

I have numerous sources for that figure David, including those published by the Daily Mail, the Independant, and other internet statistical data bases. And regarding the opinion polls, the last thing I would do is trust these, especially those of the BBC. If I remember correctly, it was three members of the BBC that heckled Michael Howard last May while making a speech to a Conservative audience. The last thing I would do is trust an opinion poll made by a broadcasting centre that seems to be wrapped around Blairs little finger.

11:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» »

11:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © James.R.Skinner, 2006